Thursday, September 3, 2009

My First lesson as a summer Intern!!!!

Well. It was during my days of summer internship. I was taken as an intern at eFarm Limited where the people employed were physically challenged. Two of the employees were visibly challenged. Initially, I was wondering if I had landed up at a wrong place for my learning. But slowly as time went on, I could see the commitment with which these people worked. They were more dedicated towards their work than a normal employee would be. They were more talented than a normal employee would. One among those visibly challenged person was so good in convincing that he was acquiring 2 to 3 customers every week. The commitment and interest he showed towards his work, I would have definitely not shown it by any means. The follow ups he made, the energy he carried in his voice, one could never make out that they are actually taking to visibly challenged people. I think I should stop using this “visibly challenged”. Rather I should use specially gifted people. The other gifted person has so much knowledge about manure and plantations. He used to collect all the waste composts from the vegetable godown and used them as composts for growing different varieties of plants at the backyard of my office. The directions he gave were perfect. The places he used to indicate were more visible to them than to me. They were able to visualise things more clearly than the normal humans. I can list out lot many competencies of these specially gifted people which I am sure, we as normal humans can never do it. I’m not saying that we normal humans can never do it. I am just trying to put importance on how much a normal person can do when these specially gifted people can do. Why is that we can’t give our full dedication towards work? Why is that we are not efficient in what we are doing? In spite of being behind in all these aspects, why do we underestimate those people who are more dedicated, more efficient and more sensible than us? I think it is high time we as humans, inculcate the sense of humanity and start living the life in a better way leaving behind all the negatives and wrong doings.

0 comments: