Saturday, September 5, 2009

Classroom assignments and presentations!!!

Classrooms assignments and presentations are always fun to work upon specially when it is a group assignment.!! Lack of time, lack to coordination among the teammates has been a challenge every time..!!Preparation for presentations and deciding upon work allotment is really a headache when it comes to presentations.!! Normally, people I have worked on with tend to do away with introduction slides and hand over the presentation to other teammates. Not understanding that, presentation is a platform to learn something more than just the books, people tend to just get through these activities considering it as a headache and burden!! But, as far as I am concerned.. Well, these little activities are really big sources of additional information and knowledge..!! One could easily get insight about one topic by getting into deep research. One needn't really go to library and carry books and get informations. Google is one huge source where one can find everything that is required..In fact, there have been lotta instances where I really didn't know what to do with the presentation or assignment topic. Not even the meaning of the topic. Like the one I am working on now . I really don't know what to do with this topic. But, I am sure that I am going to learn everything else at least a bit about this topic. One more reason I love presentations is that, I get a platform to do my talking. Haa Haa.. Normally, people force me to stop my bla bla bla.. but presentations are the moments where they are forced to keep their mouth shut and let me do the talking buzz.. I love making presentations.. Scene was very different when I was doing my Under graduation. And this picture is my first presentation where I really slogged with my other teammates. At 2330 hrs, we were on the roads literally not knowing where to go for surfing. We finally got hold of one of our friends. Slogged until 0400 hrs next morning and got our presentation and report done. All learning and preparations done. But, hurdle was on its own world. Our laptops weren't working. It stopped right before our presentations. But, we really managed it well. From this presentation, I learned couple of things. First as I mentioned, You can learn more than just book stuffs, other thing I learned was that, even if things are ready from your side, there are external factors that have to be taken care of. Things have gone far ahead since this presentation. I still make mistakes, I learn from my presentations still. Learning happens at every step of your life. Even if the learning is small and the same thing, it teaches a new thing everytime.!!!!!

0 comments: